Paph. Ripple

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

(P. hirstissimu "Shirley" X P. Via Virgenes " Moon Dust")
Another good one from my last bud watch, nice color, nice shape, nice spots, what's not to like, and the best part is there's another growth on the back side with another big fat bud coming up, hoping to post them together. ENJOY
Jim.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Here it is a month later and this bloom is bigger and better then ever, I sent it to a show this weekend in Madison Wi. I think it should get a ribbon, have a look. Oh and the best part is that big bud right behind it... Jim.

IMG_0683-1.jpg

I see the green background faded away with age including the spot on the staminode. Nice Jim. Any ribbons?

I see the green background faded away with age including the spot on the staminode. Nice Jim. Any ribbons?

I don't think it did. Jim has a nice picture but I thought it was much better in person! When I was taking pics, I heard a few people commenting the competition was tough at the show!

You are right Rose the competition was real tough, but P. Ripple did get a second place ribbon, and P. Leeanum got a thrid, poor P. fairrieanum didn't get anything but I still love them. Did you get to see Tom Kalina's Paph basket when I first got there it had been pulled for judging I have a couple of pics when it came back, I'm sure more will be posted. All I can say is WOW!! Jim.
IMG_0686_1.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688_1.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

..... Did you get to see Tom Kalina's Paph basket when I first got there it had been pulled for judging I have a couple of pics when it came back, I'm sure more will be posted. All I can say is WOW!! Jim.
Congrats on the ribbons! I'm glad you got pics of Tom's basket, as it was gone when I went thru taking pics. Tom called it his Top 10, he went thru his GH & picked what he thought was his 10 best in bloom! It was WOW! Sorry I missed you, actually I think I saw you in the crowd. I was the short chunky blonde with the 'gear' (Nikon camera on the tripod & a Nikon camera bag) that probably looked like she should know what she was doing but didn't!

Shoot Jim I'd given you an AOS award of CCM for the fairrieanum! I'm doing darn good to keep one growth going let alone a whole pot full!

Latest posts

Back