Paph. Rattlesnake Skin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I just discovered this seedling. It is a first bloom; it is a cross between Paph. Iantha Stage (sukhakulii x rothschildianum) and sanderianunum. It was originally made by H. Doll and registered in 1991. The flower is 23 cm across. I like the contrasting pouch, that is almost red in color. This cross (unlike my Oberhausens Diament x Fumimasa Sugiyama, I posted earlier) did turn out like I expected.

PaphRattlesnakeSkin2172009.jpg

Robert

Ummm, the correct answer is, "Everything is for sale if the price is right!" :evil:

You are correct...Just let me know how much you want to spend, and if the price is right, maybe I will send you a plant your way....

Oh, this is great! So sorry there aren't more available, I'd love to have one of these!

The other day I was talking to a STF member about how amusing it would be to post some of the PM'd prices that I've gotten about select divisions and plants! :rollhappy:

Robert, I like this one but the short spike lets it down. Do you know of the previous cross having longer spikes ? I not sure if it will breed but finding what plant would lengthen the spike without loosing much of the flower quality there now.

I just discovered this seedling. It is a first bloom; it is a cross between Paph. Iantha Stage (sukhakulii x rothschildianum) and sanderianunum. It was originally made by H. Doll and registered in 1991. The flower is 23 cm across. I like the contrasting pouch, that is almost red in color. This cross (unlike my Oberhausens Diament x Fumimasa Sugiyama, I posted earlier) did turn out like I expected.
Robert, do you think the OD x FS is mislabelled, and is really a seedling of this cross? Although it is different in many ways from this one, it's also different from the parents on the tag.

Latest posts

Back