Paph Pinocchio or is it a liemianum ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Damas

Hi, I got this paph from ebay in Germany, sold as a Pinocchio (primulinum x glaucophyllum) but it looks more like a liemianum to me. What do you think of it ? (if the picture is too big, please tell me I'll resize it)

2628765516_34c5ac7880_o.jpg

Is the striping gone on the dorsal? How big is the flower?

Do you think it is a straight liemianum or primulinum X liemianum?

Gotta see the leaves to start guessing. Get a good pic of the plant base where the leaves come together, the tops of the leaves, and another real up tight of the leaf margin at base and near tip.

-Ernie

Thank you All for your opinion. Tomorrow I will take pictures as suggested, and post them here. It is obvious seeing Gilda's liemanium that mine is far from these intense colours !

It does in fact, a little bit, you are right. But unless your picture is over contrasted, I think colours are different :)

The color in my pic is true.
My leaves underneath have a LOT more color . The color extends half way up the leaf from the base of the plant. The top side is also different, yours seems to be almost solid green, where mine is more patterened. So, it looks like yours is not a liemianum. Good Luck on the ID.

I would say that it has liemianum in it and that Ramon is probably right when he named Sandy's Prime Lime as the ID

The color in my pic is true

Gilda, I hope I haven't been rude to you
icon_redface.gif

Because English is not my mother tong I am always afraid to do mistakes. I am sure colors in your pic are true, I wanted to spot the big difference in intensity between mine and yours.

@ Rick and Ramon, I could'nt find any good pic of Sandy's Prime Lime, does someone have one in stock ? Many thanks :)

Latest posts

Back