Paph. phillippinense first bloom seedling

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Candace

Reaction score
I thought I take a photo in the greenhouse/garden window in my kitchen where I keep some plants. In the background you can catch a glimpse of the horrible storms we're going through right now-up to 60 mph winds! And you can also see a small section of my sunface collection. I've got about a 30 ft. section of fenceline chock full of sunfaces that are visible from our living room and kitchen. They make me happy.

This is a first bloom seedling of 'select' x 'Awoo' AM/AOS. One bud still has yet to open. Only 3 flowers but I like the dark coloration of the dorsal. This is a tiny plant almost teacup size.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
It's interesting. It reminds me a lot of laevigatum with the light petal color though...

Wondered how you were doing with those storms I heard about on NPR on the way home tonight.

swamprad

Memphis Orchid Society
Reaction score
Oh, it is beautiful! (hahaha, love the cattleya background!!)

G

Grandma M

It's beautiful.
I feel for you with the high winds. We had it a couple of weeks ago. It was clocked at 85 mph, the highest ever recorded for a winter storm here. My son lost the top of one of his greenhouses and had a bit of other damage. He had a lot of poinsettia growing in that house, most of which had been sold by then. What ever else in there was frozen. Repairing a roof in a Michigan winter is not a fun job.

E

Ernie

Paphiocattleya philippinense. :) I like the honey yellow color and nicely striped dorsal.

-Ernie

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
It's beautiful.
I feel for you with the high winds. We had it a couple of weeks ago. It was clocked at 85 mph, the highest ever recorded for a winter storm here. My son lost the top of one of his greenhouses and had a bit of other damage. He had a lot of poinsettia growing in that house, most of which had been sold by then. What ever else in there was frozen. Repairing a roof in a Michigan winter is not a fun job.
85??? That's terrible. Over here they were high, probably gusts in the 50's, but certainly not 85. Hope everything is OK in your son's greenhouse now.

Candace

Reaction score
nice ! is this one grown in SH as well ?
Yes it is. It was a scary, miserable night and day and we're heading for more severe weather over the next couple of days. I don't think we've got any damage to speak of but I haven't made the trek out back yet. I did have to run out into the wind and showers yesterday to tighten up the end-walls of my new greenhouse that I've got tied to my current g.h. A few neighbors had some downed trees one in the road. My family all stood in the window, watching me get saturated and laughed it up.

Latest posts