OZ seedling, first bloom Paph. Ruby Wonder

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutz4Paphs

CCE/AOS :-)
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for years, but now that I am done with medical school, I hope to have more time. My collection is still doing well and I have added some great new things. This is a first bloom seedling of Paph. Ruby Wonder that I bought from the OZ last year. I broke the stem after placing it on my dinner table (well, bent it in half) while getting ready to host a dinner party last night. It just began opening a couple of days ago, so size and shape are not fully developed unfortunately, but I wanted to share regardless. The color is shockingly dark and the dorsal almost glows with a deep ruby light. It is stunning in person and large for the breeding. Hopefully next year, it will be even more impressive!

Attachments

• RubyWonder.jpg
    RubyWonder.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 68
In a word... saturation.

Welcome back! Hopefully you can join us at a NWOS meeting sometime (this Monday for instance ;))
Cheers
Jake

Congrats on completing your medical program!
Aren't you supposed to be even busier with the next step? lol

Do you know the parentage of this plant??

I think I had the same thing from OZ.

That's nice and dark! Congratulations on completing medical school. What's the next step (besides taking care of your orchids)?

This is overall very dark for that cross. A nice one.
JC

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for years, but now that I am done with medical school, I hope to have more time. My collection is still doing well and I have added some great new things. This is a first bloom seedling of Paph. Ruby Wonder that I bought from the OZ last year. I broke the stem after placing it on my dinner table (well, bent it in half) while getting ready to host a dinner party last night. It just began opening a couple of days ago, so size and shape are not fully developed unfortunately, but I wanted to share regardless. The color is shockingly dark and the dorsal almost glows with a deep ruby light. It is stunning in person and large for the breeding. Hopefully next year, it will be even more impressive!

Latest posts

Back