Paph. phillippinense first bloom seedling

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I thought I take a photo in the greenhouse/garden window in my kitchen where I keep some plants. In the background you can catch a glimpse of the horrible storms we're going through right now-up to 60 mph winds! And you can also see a small section of my sunface collection. I've got about a 30 ft. section of fenceline chock full of sunfaces that are visible from our living room and kitchen. They make me happy.

This is a first bloom seedling of 'select' x 'Awoo' AM/AOS. One bud still has yet to open. Only 3 flowers but I like the dark coloration of the dorsal. This is a tiny plant almost teacup size.

phil.jpg

It's beautiful.
I feel for you with the high winds. We had it a couple of weeks ago. It was clocked at 85 mph, the highest ever recorded for a winter storm here. My son lost the top of one of his greenhouses and had a bit of other damage. He had a lot of poinsettia growing in that house, most of which had been sold by then. What ever else in there was frozen. Repairing a roof in a Michigan winter is not a fun job.

Paphiocattleya philippinense. :) I like the honey yellow color and nicely striped dorsal.

-Ernie

It's beautiful.
I feel for you with the high winds. We had it a couple of weeks ago. It was clocked at 85 mph, the highest ever recorded for a winter storm here. My son lost the top of one of his greenhouses and had a bit of other damage. He had a lot of poinsettia growing in that house, most of which had been sold by then. What ever else in there was frozen. Repairing a roof in a Michigan winter is not a fun job.
85??? That's terrible. Over here they were high, probably gusts in the 50's, but certainly not 85. Hope everything is OK in your son's greenhouse now.

nice ! is this one grown in SH as well ?
Yes it is. It was a scary, miserable night and day and we're heading for more severe weather over the next couple of days. I don't think we've got any damage to speak of but I haven't made the trek out back yet. I did have to run out into the wind and showers yesterday to tighten up the end-walls of my new greenhouse that I've got tied to my current g.h. A few neighbors had some downed trees one in the road. My family all stood in the window, watching me get saturated and laughed it up.

Back