Paph philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Stephen for the thoughts on the freezing.
I was well prepared for the freak cold spell. No issues here.
After the freak flood of Harvey I said enough is enough. Too many times without power i invested into a new 150 amp electrical box with a main breaker (no main in the old) which allow me to add a 10 circuit transfer box to the side of it. Next investment was into a generator, 12000 watt propane or gasoline ran unit, 100lb propane tank, hose and electrical cable to connect it all and Shazam! Power to run the house and the greenhouse for 4 days non-stop. Put up with a little noise but with all the confys of home.
PS. The plants stayed a comfy 60F

Hi Rick, nice to see your nice P. philippinense......and it is enlighting my winter days here in Germany, too. Though to be honest we had today bright sunshine and with day time temperatures up to + 15°C it smells a bit like spring. But....you can't be sure of this. I thought of you when I saw the reports about the winter with ice and snow in Texas and it's good to read that you and your plants have been safe all the time.

Latest posts

Back