Paph. philippinense -- another one

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the plant from Ratcliffe. Maybe I should contact Paul Phillips and see if he still agrees that it is philippinense.

Update:

Paph_philippinense-2spikes.jpg

Very nice Dot.

Given none of the main Paph taxonomists recognise laevegatum, it's a phillipinense from a scientific point of view. But then I know that most Paph growers are splitters and hence wouldn't accept this. :)

The petals are a lot redder than my laevagatum form (which is in high bud at the moment). But like mine, the plant is small and compact and the spike is short. So I'd say it is possible. But it is still a phillipinense.

David

Very nice Dot.

Given none of the main Paph taxonomists recognise laevegatum, it's a phillipinense from a scientific point of view. But then I know that most Paph growers are splitters and hence won't accept this. :)

The petals are a lot redder than my laevagatum form (which is in high bud at the moment). But like mine, the plant is small and compact and the spike is short. So I'd say yes. But it is still a phillipinense.

David
I'm putting it in the Saginaw Valley OS show this weekend. It will be interesting if the Judges have anything to say about it.

They'd better have something to say about it!!! and it had better be all good too!!!

now, just excuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard!

Wow! That is absolutely stunning! I will absolutely have to add one of those to my collection!

Very pretty.

What's the leaf span of this plant?

I have a very compact plant labeled as roebelinii that came from Bob Fallon's collection. I have yet to see blooms on this plant yet (maybe this spring). It's less than have the size of my other roebelinii's, and smaller than my standard phili.

Maybe it's the infamous palawanense !?!

Latest posts

Back