Paph. philippinense -- another one

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I suppose I should have waited until they were all open... and taken out the tag!

Paph_philippinense08.jpg

This is to show the staminode, but what's that behind it? Not bugs, I checked.

Paph_philippinense-stam.jpg

Does anyone know CPR? How beautiful! Thank you for posting these gorgeous photos! :D

Those are very pretty flowers Dot.

The pointy pouch looks like it may have some roebelinii in it?

None of my philli types bloom before February is this the usual time for this plant?

Beautiful plant and flowers!!!! Dot, what is the size of the stems and the length of the petals?? (the one down in the middle, is this a 'fallen bloom' or a 3rd inflor. coming up?). Jean

I suppose I should have waited until they were all open...

Not at all, it's interesting to see the different stages of blooming out in one photo especially with such a beautiful species. I agree with the tag but I'm quite sure if you hadn't mentioned nobody would have noticed it.
Way to go with you excellent photos.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Wonderful blooming of a beautiful plant.... not even the tag (which I didn't notice) could distract!

Thanks, everyone.

Tom, I thought it might be pollen also, but is that the normal place? (Dumb question.)

Jean, I wondered if anyone would notice that. It's actually a not very well formed flower that opened first, and it's on a separate inflorescence, in the same growth as one of the other spikes. Several people on this forum recently posted photos of this phenomenon. When I saw it on mine, I thought, "Oh no! This flowering will be a disaster!" But it really is turning out quite nice.

I suppose I should have waited until they were all open... and taken out the tag!

No need to wait & we'll all be looking forward to an update!

Jean, I wondered if anyone would notice that. It's actually a not very well formed flower that opened first, and it's on a separate inflorescence, in the same growth as one of the other spikes...

The color is totally different, it's almost like the alba form had to have a say!

Gorgeous!

Those are very pretty flowers Dot.

The pointy pouch looks like it may have some roebelinii in it?

None of my philli types bloom before February is this the usual time for this plant?
Same here Rick, Not before Feb
Dot, looks like hairs behind your stami!

Back