Paph philippinense alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
First bloom seedling for me, seems to be rather compact for philippinense. It is in a 3 inch pot. Leaf spans are only 12 inches and the flower stems are only 9 inches tall. I wonder if it will pick up size as it gets more mature? :confused:

philippinense272-Feb2010a.jpg

philippinense272-Feb2010b.jpg

Very nice, and the first true philippinense album I've ever seen. All the rest mislabelled as that are actually roebelinii albums.

And TWO spikes! Well done!

Very nice!!! There are varieties of philippenense so it could be a smaller one. I really don't know much about them, maybe an expert can weigh in and give an opinion.

could it be paph phlippinese var palawanense forma abla?

Lovely display of this philippinense (var. laevigatum) album. Two spikes on this small plant that's amazing. :drool::drool::drool:
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

A beauty, Leo. I have two seedlings that just don't seem to want to grow!

I think it was a photo of philippinense album that got me interested in multiflorals. Or maybe as per tenman, it was roebelinii, album...

I would be pretty sure it is a selfing of the philippinense aureum Greenlace, first it has apparently a slight color, second the plant size, flower type is perfectly matching. Great plant.

This is the best to cross onto Maudiae albino types, the big philippinense albums give far more crippled flowers, and surprisingly, Greenlace does not dwarf its progeny when crossed with Maudiae types...

:clap: :clap: keep us updated, my guess is flowers might open up more & looks like the petals are starting their twist! :drool: :drool:

Great blooms on a nice compact plant, Leo!! The little guy is blooming his heart out for you! Great growing!!

It's beautiful, Leo. Small size multiflorals are cool! I've got a teeny lowii that I just recently selfed. I'm going to bloom out a bunch and select the smallest plants/flowers and line breed to try and create a teacup lowii.

Latest posts

Back