Paph Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! Is it any easier to bloom than armeniacum?

I would say this hybrid is much easier than either of its parents, especially armeniacum.

I have killed two armeniacum last year.
I have finally managed one to bud at the moment, and two other survivors are just slowly adding more leaves. Among the most frustrating paphs I've tried.
I plant on chucking them altogether since I have accumulated enough nice yellow hybrids that grow and bloom. :)

Malipoense has been much easier than armeniacum, but still slow.

Norito Hasegawa has been easy as pie!! They grow and bloom, and multiply well.
Armeniacum hybrids seem very easy for me. They inherit superb growth habit. The stolon throwing habit seems to translate into good growing habits in its hybrids.

I have four Norito Hasegawa in bud at the moment, as well as lots of babies from flask. Not a single dinky little seedling has died so far! haha

Such a Terrific hybrid, especially if you like enormous, long lasting, yellow flowers.

I agree with others. NH seems to be a good and easy grower and bloomer, especially compared to armeniacum. For me, malipoense imparts ease of care and blooming in its hybrids. And in this case, the flowers can last many many months.

This flower has been open for a month now. It is slowly turning darker yellow. The NS now is 13 cm.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do you want to take armeniacum too?
Your apartment is so warm that you can't even house Neofientia!
These won't enjoy warm places in winter. hehe

haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking about it.
When I get sick of them, I tend to just chuck things out on the spur of the moment.

Such a Terrific hybrid, especially if you like enormous, long lasting, yellow flowers.

I agree with others. NH seems to be a good and easy grower and bloomer, especially compared to armeniacum. For me, malipoense imparts ease of care and blooming in its hybrids. And in this case, the flowers can last many many months.

What?!!!
How long did yours last?

Flower is so big as compared to the plant...congrats.

Latest posts

Back