Paph. micranthum v. eburnum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of these from Sam, too, but it has struggled for me (all the other plants from my order are thriving). It seems to be settling in to my conditions now, and is beginning to perk up. After seeing your bloom, I'm really looking forward to continued growth. I would like to hear details about your potting mix, etc. Again, congratualtions!

I bought one of these from Sam, too, but it has struggled for me (all the other plants from my order are thriving). It seems to be settling in to my conditions now, and is beginning to perk up. After seeing your bloom, I'm really looking forward to continued growth. I would like to hear details about your potting mix, etc. Again, congratualtions!

Basket lined with moss (not sphagnum), mix is orchiata, growstones and sponge rock. It's on the cooler side of the greenhouse, with night temps down to 55ºF. Water more in the light months, less now when the sun is low.

Basket lined with moss (not sphagnum), mix is orchiata, growstones and sponge rock. It's on the cooler side of the greenhouse, with night temps down to 55ºF. Water more in the light months, less now when the sun is low.

Much appreciated, thank you. My mix is similar. I will definitely try a basket.

Congratulations Dot, that is a beautiful micranthum. Such lovely pastel shades! I am unable to grow and bloom these, so I need to enjoy other growers successes, and this is a JOY!

I would cut the flower off now! Mine died after the flowering. I left the flower on too long. It was from Sam too. It had a better shape than your.

I would cut the flower off now! Mine died after the flowering. I left the flower on too long.
But all rosettes die after flowering. Flowering is their last mission in life but they should produce new thrives before they say good by.

I would harvest the pollens and use them. Since my plant was so small when it flowered. It didn't have enough energy to produce a plantet. So it died, nothing to replace it.

I think the reason for no plantlet was an infection and not missing energy.

I am always amazed at how tiny these plants can be at flowering and the monster flowers they produce.
This is a beauty. I enjoy the colouring :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back