Paph. micranthum v. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap::clap:Congrats Nick! Sorry about the point, it's a beauty & worthy of an AM in my eye too!

OK Nick,
I understand your reasoning. I wish you the best of luck on the next blooming. It's not impossible to raise the award, it's been done before.

Nick,

An upgrade from an HCC/AOS to an AM/AOS on a subsequent blooming is not an impossibility. In fact, that's exactly what we did when we awarded the Paph. Tokyo Knight Dream `Ice Palace' AM/AOS in Chicago a couple of weeks ago; The plant had already received an HCC/AOS on a previous blooming and we upgraded it to an AM/AOS based on it's being superior to it's previous blooming. Theoretically, it's possible to do this with any award until the plant ultimately receives an FCC/AOS.

micranthum v. euberneum

This is a nice micranthum. However I wonder if this is the var. euberneum.
Last year at TIOS2010, the Grand Ch was a plant of micranthum var. euberneum with a few growths and 3 flowers. The color of the flower was mainly green / yellow. However the flowers have big white pouch

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a stunning bloom Nick.

I just got a flask of micranthum var eburneum "White Bear" SM/TPS x "No.2" from Hung Sheng nursery in Taiwan (a pink petaled euburneum x an green/pink petaled eburneum. I hope and pray what they bloom out as is as great as this plant of yours.

Great growing with this plant of yours and I hope to see you get more awards from it.

Brett

Thanks all! Not only does it have great blooms, but as I found out, it also has quite the vigorous root system! I found two stolons roaming around the pot too. Hopefully they will emerge soon.

Latest posts

Back