Paph. micranthum v. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W. Beetus

Reaction score
Awarded on Saturday at the Great Lakes Judging Center, Paph. micranthum v. eburneum 'Red Label' HCC/AOS 79pts. Here's one of my pictures of it (The award picture is copyrighted and all that junk, I don't want to deal with that).

IMG_5275.jpg

WOW! That's beautiful.
I love how big the pouch is in comparison the plant. :D

Nice! One lousy point short of an AM. I'm not surprized. I've seen that happen too many times.
Me too, Rick. In fact, I once had a Phrag. Dominianum get 74.4 points! There were 4 or 5 judges and one who decided that I took his special parking spot outside of the judging centre was more than 6 points lower than all the rest of the judges. However, he refused to rescore and raise the point score by 1/10th of one point so that it would be 74.5 which would round up to 75 and get the plant an HCC! I still have that plant; but, I've never shown it again. IMO, this micranthum is AM quality. It should've got that other point. It's got so much going for it!:clap:

Nice! One lousy point short of an AM. I'm not surprized. I've seen that happen too many times.

I definitely agree. But, I think this plant has more potential in the next bloom. If it gets larger and the pouch is more even in size, I think it rivals the FCC eburneum.

I definitely agree. But, I think this plant has more potential in the next bloom. If it gets larger and the pouch is more even in size, I think it rivals the FCC eburneum.

Then I must ask, "Why would you take the plant in for judging on this blooming?" Knowing it rivals a FCC quality plant you probable shot your chances for a FCC. It's always more difficult to raise a lower quality award to a higher award then it is to get the high award to start with.

Then I must ask, "Why would you take the plant in for judging on this blooming?" Knowing it rivals a FCC quality plant you probable shot your chances for a FCC. It's always more difficult to raise a lower quality award to a higher award then it is to get the high award to start with.

I personally expected it to be more in the high AM region, considering the other blooms that I have seen from this variety compared to mine. Also, I had never been to any kind of judging before, so I wanted to see the process also.

Latest posts

Back