Paph. Michael Koopowitz x gigantifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I have had five supardii and they were all narrow leaves like roths, but I never bloomed them so I actually don't know for sure...but still, gig hybrids tend to be wide leaved

Sanderianums have wide thick leaves, some of my hybrids have 3 inch wide leaves, in comparison these are thin

That's very nice.

Forget this guy, would you ship it to the USA?

Forget me??? shame on you Eric!!!This looks,to me, like a cross between stonei x praestans known as Yellow Tiger which is available from Roellke Orchids Germany flowering size for just 17.50 euros.

Ed

Last edited:
One of Preastans hybrid traits are very small shoulders and twisty petals, shrinks the plant size, praestans plant grows small fleshy leaves, a good trait is it darkens the flower but reduces the flower count

I think the tag's right. It's an outlier, to be sure, but I def see sandy, gig, & phil in there. Look close and you can see some red in the petals. Gig dominated the dorsal color & untwisted the petals but didn't dominate enough to curl them tightly, phil washed out the pouch, sandy added length to the petals & influenced the dorsal.

Latest posts

Back