Paph. (Meredith Katherine x Magic Leopard)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Here is a picture of a nice viny cross that I made: Paph. Meredith Katherine x Magic Leopard. Paph. Meredith Katherine is Paph. Hellas x Red Maude. This viny has thus some complex blood in it which made the petals some what wider, also it gives the flower more of a "waxy" substance. If you look close you can see a dark center stripe in the petals. This is from the complex background, probably spicerianum or druyi genes coming through.

PaphMeredithKatherinexMagicLeopard-.jpg

Robert

Thanks for pointing out the striping/complex influence as I probably wouldn't have noticed. I'm not a big fan of vinis either but would definately make room for it.

Once you made me looking for signs of complex-influence, I noticed the typical groove in the middle of the dorsal.

I agree with Roy, but I also like these things crossed with brachys: round flowers of straight sealing wax colour on a good stem :smitten:

Robert, this is a beautiful flower!

Would this one be awardable in the AOS system? The stripes and groove may be treated as a flaw by the judges?

Best wishes, Carsten

Stunning and I'm not just saying that. Looks nearly perfect.

Amazing plant and I wish it was mine.

I love the vinis Robert. This flower has a lot going for it with potiental to pass on some very good traits. Solid coloring, fairly flat, wider petals and no warts(!) anywhere. The only distracting thing I can see is the small pouch. The north/south balance is off for me. Maybe a flower with strong influence from lawrencianum would be a good mating. (add a strong chin to it)

Nice! I made Paph. Meredith Katherine in the '90s - there were a couple of really nice ones in the group, including the one you're breeding with now! Hellas and mastersianum really smooth out the color, and they both give tall stems, too.

A great photograph of a very shiny and dark flower! No vini-fan either, but this one looks appealing!

Latest posts

Back