Paph Magic Lantern x Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
The cross is Paph Magic Lantern ‘Red sunset’ x Norito Hasegawa ‘Vista Del Monte’ AM/AOS. I bought it from Orchid Inn. First blooming of this plant.
So It is 25% delenatii, 25% micranthum 25% armeniacum and 25% malipoense. some of everything.

The small size of the petals was unexpected. I am sure some lucky growers got some plants with larger petals. ...maybe next blooming will be better? The substance is good though, maybe the bloom will last longer.

I think the bloom will become more white as it ages. And maybe it will be more opened.

I think that looks REALLY cool; but, I do think it will be very different next time. Right now, it's basically deformed. The petals and sepals seem to have stopped growing at some point; but, the staminode sheild and pouch grew to normal size. I bet the flower is more in proportion next time. I really like this "look" though. If it were mine and it stayed with these proportions in subsequent bloomings, I'd be pleased!

That looks wonderful Fren. Love the colour and the staminode looks cool. I wish it was mine. Nice photos as well.

David

It's a charming plant, and one I'd love to get, now that you've alerted us all to it! Wonder how much color variation there will be.

Super nice outcome! The color combo really sets this one off. I predict the petals to expand in future bloomings.

Latest posts

Back