Paph. Pink Atlantis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

A new complex hybrid opened. It is a cross between Paph. Atlantinet and Paph. Blanche Sawyer. I made the cross back in 2002, and was trying to breed for light pink's to pinks. I don't care for the shape too much but I like how the color turned out:

PaphPinkAtlantis12222009.jpg

Hopefully I can use this plant as a stepping stone, and cross it to better shaped whites or greens to get some large well shaped flowers that are nice pink in color. The reason I wanted to Use Paph. Atlantinet, is because it has Paph. delenatii in it's background, and it also breeds. Paph. Atlantinet is Paph. Atlantis x Madame Martinet. And Paph. Madame Martinet is callosum x delenatii. Paph. Atlantinet is an old complex and was registered back in 1939 by Vacherot-Lecoufle:

PaphAtlantinetPinkAtlantisclose1125.jpg

A similar old hybrid in our collection (and is currently in-bloom) is Paph. Aladin 'Meteor' AM/AOS. This is a hybrid between Paph. Atlantis (an old complex) and Paph. delenatii. It was also registered by Vacherot-Lecoufle in 1936:

PaphAladinMeteorAMAOS12222009.jpg

The other parent that I used was Paph. Blanche Sawyer 'Snowman' AM/AOS an old white complex:

PaphBlancheSawyerSnowmanAMAOS116200.jpg

Robert

I love the coloration, particularly the pouch. :clap: I would love to see this crossed back onto another large white. I'm also wondering what would happen if this one was crossed to an alba barbigerum or a helenae?

Pink Atlantis has a very interesting coloration:clap: !!!

(I have one rel. large Aladin in my collection but did not yet succeed in flowering it:eek:) Jean

Fantastic color! Glad you've go t an Atlantinet that breeds. It was the pod parent, correct? Do you plan on using complex whites/pinks, or brachys on this?

Back