Paph Memoria Richard Ong 'Ken Judge' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
The weekend before last this won Champion Slipper orchid and Champion Hybrid at our spring show. Last weekend at the bigger SW NSW regional show it won Champion Slipper orchid and was awarded an AM (82.5 points). I was pleasantly surprised as judges have had opportunities to award it in the past and haven't, so I had no expectations.

Paphiopedilum Memoria Richard Ong 'Ken Judge' AM/AOC (Michael Koopowitz 'Jamboree' AM/AOS x lowii 'Exotic Dancer' FCC/AOS).

Last edited:
Congratulations david, looks well grown

It is getting back to its best. Four years ago it looked incredible, flowering with 3 spikes. When I looked at the roots it was really root bound and I potted it up into a bigger pot (>20cm). Most of the roots then rotted and I've had to slowly bring it back. I seem to struggle in general when I put Paphs in pots greater than 20 cm diameter. This plant seems to have grown a strong root system again and is now growing well. It is a very vigorous plant actually.

Is it one of Sam's crosses?

Possibly. I have seen other Sam crosses with lowii 'Exotic Dancer' FCC/AOS in it. I got this plant off John Robertson myself.

Latest posts

Back