Paph Little Trouble '#1'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where does the name "Little Trouble" come from? Was it an infuriatingly small plant or so easy it gave little trouble? Or is it covertly named for a menacing two year old somewhere?

Ross would have to answer about the possibility of the cross being named for a 2 year old grandchild. :evil:

I can say for Ross that he has been collecting and hybridizing Paphs with the goal of creating 'Teacup' size Paphs for a number of years. As his photo of Little Trouble demonstrates (barbigerum x charlesworthii) can produce some really nice smaller growing plants that bloom freely as multigrowth plants in pot sizes smaller than 4 inches.

Way to go Ross. Now if it would breed on, how about (Little Trouble x helenae) ?

So where does the name "Little Trouble" come from? Was it an infuriatingly small plant or so easy it gave little trouble? Or is it covertly named for a menacing two year old somewhere?

Any how, it is a splendid plant. I love the big red pouch. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Wish I had one (the plant, not the sore thumb).

tt4n

It's a bit of a play on words. The plant is fast growing and free blooming and very little trouble to grow. I also have a wonderful tiny 9 pound cat named Trouble. He likes to sleep in the sun on cold winter days.

Trubbyonstepsinsun.jpg

Ross would have to answer about the possibility of the cross being named for a 2 year old grandchild. :evil:

I can say for Ross that he has been collecting and hybridizing Paphs with the goal of creating 'Teacup' size Paphs for a number of years. As his photo of Little Trouble demonstrates (barbigerum x charlesworthii) can produce some really nice smaller growing plants that bloom freely as multigrowth plants in pot sizes smaller than 4 inches.

Way to go Ross. Now if it would breed on, how about (Little Trouble x helenae) ?

Thanks, Leo. I'm not quite sure where to go with this plant. Its best attribute is its vigor.

Latest posts

Back