Paph. Jerry Lee Fischer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Two new seedlings opened from this cross (Black Lace x wenshanense). It looks like this cross is pretty variable. The first seedling has more of a Brachy influence with rounded flowers, while the second flower has inherited more "roth" genes. The flower is about twice as large (14 cm across with 4 cm wide petals). I personaly like the first one the best. The last picture is a comparison shot of the 2 flowers.

PaphJerryLeeFischer38182008.jpg

PaphJerryLeeFischer4-close-8182008.jpg

PaphJerryLeeFischer3and48182008.jpg

Robert

WOW! Both of these are super. Though I think I prefer the second one, its probably not the better flower from a judges point of view.

Robert are either multiforal? both are great but the 2nd would have to have at least one more to be super desirable.

The first 2 seedlings that bloomed last year each had 2 flowers per stem. These for some reason only have one flower per stem. I am guessing the next time when they bloom they probably will have 2 flowers (maybe they got a little dry, and the 2nd flower aborted).

Robert

They are both gorgeous, but I think I prefer the down-swept petals on the second one. The first one is the more common "round" shape. I'd be happy with either one, though.

Two new seedlings opened from this cross (Black Lace x wenshanense). It looks like this cross is pretty variable. The first seedling has more of a Brachy influence with rounded flowers, while the second flower has inherited more "roth" genes.

Robert

What is Black Lace? You mention 'roth', but is it roth x another Brachy?

Latest posts

Back