Paph insigne 'Harefield Hall' & friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked their website, didn't see it offered. every time I've bought "Harefield Hall" it has bloomed out to be an ordinary insigne.

There are a lot of them labeled as Harefield Hall, but are seedlings of a selfing (or so I have been told, I have never had the good fortune of having the opportunity to buy one, or a seedling of one)

There are a lot of them labeled as Harefield Hall, but are seedlings of a selfing (or so I have been told, I have never had the good fortune of having the opportunity to buy one, or a seedling of one)

That's interesting. An article in the Australian Orchid review says HH is sterile and "no selfings have been successful" to the authors knowledge.

That's interesting. An article in the Australian Orchid review says HH is sterile and "no selfings have been successful" to the authors knowledge.

Hmm, that was my understanding as well, so perhaps they are sibling/selfings of plants that are not even Harefield Hall, but some other selected clone?

Selfings would not be Harefield Hall. Only divisions of HH can be given that name. But, supposedly its a triploid, and can't breed.

I just checked their website, didn't see it offered. every time I've bought "Harefield Hall" it has bloomed out to be an ordinary insigne.
It's not listed. Give Bill a call. I know he has some. Whether they are divisions of the awarded plant or selfings, I don't know. I only know what the tags say.

Latest posts

Back