Paph (Impulse x godefroyae var. leucochilum) '#4'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impulse is a vinicolor Maudiae type crossed here with the Brachy godefroyae. This is its second blooming. There are still some color breaks, but less than the first blooming. It's hard to get the color in the photo right.

PaphImpulsexleucochilum309.jpg

PaphImpulsexleucochilumplant309.jpg

Pretty amazing Ross for the cross. I Image there is a high percentage of color break in a cross of this type. This is #4 did you bloom out the first three and they were not keepers?

Pretty amazing Ross for the cross. I Image there is a high percentage of color break in a cross of this type. This is #4 did you bloom out the first three and they were not keepers?

The cross was extremely variable, but all that bloomed were salable. I've bloomed eight, kept this one and two others, one died (my fault:(), and the others were sold, either in bloom or as seedlings. I still have two unbloomed ones with darker color on the the underside of the leaves, like the one above.

For those who missed earlier threads from past years, here are three more from this cross.

PaphImpulsexleucochilum-2.jpg

PaphImpulsexleucochilum8-1.jpg

PaphImpulsexleucochilum7-1.jpg

#4 is great! Well, I like the spotted ones too, but the vinicolor is special.

Looks like #4 has the shortest stem of all four?

this is the best IMHO...love it with the vivicolor coloration. The color breaks are small. Sometimes these cross sectional crosses can be much more of a problem than what you are seeing.

Wow, that is pretty special.

Amazing how much variation there is from one clone to another.

Seeing your picture makes me wish I had bought a flask or two worth of this type of breeding 6 years ago. You did find the 'good one' out of the bunch. Your photos are a good demonstration why select plants are rather expensive - You had to raise half a dozen to find the one vinicolor, and you were not sure of its quality until you had bloomed it twice. That is an investment.

It is hard to imagine they all came out of the same flask! Actually I like the first spotted one the best! :clap:

Back