Paph. Hsinying Lady Duck

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
Paph. Hsinying Lady Duck = Paph. adductum (var. anitum) x Paph. Lady Isable.

I bought it from a orchid retailer last month when the plant was still in bud. The seller said that it is one of the divisions from a good clone with round and complete dorsal, dark colored pouch and long petal. Now, the 4 flowers are completely opened and I was a bit excited by the flower shape and color. Just would like to share here:-

DSCN0515_zps6f10b5e5.jpg

That is very, very nice.
I wonder if adductum rather than anitum was used as the dorsal is quite light. Or the stonei dorsal colour is 'dominant'????

I have seen different clone that the dorsal color is not dark. But it has chances that Adductum was used as I have seen another name of Hsinying Anita if the dorsal color is much more darker.

It's pretty nice. To me, if the ends of the petals were darker, the flower would be close to perfect.

That being said, I really love the dorsal on this one. It's very interesting to see the way the parents' traits come together on this. I think your plant's flowers have far more character than the average anitum hybrid with saturated dorsals.

That is absolutely stunning. I love it.

I think anitum is used. The dorsal does have anitum traits.The dorsal is often light when stonei is crossed with anitum.

It's pretty nice. To me, if the ends of the petals were darker, the flower would be close to perfect.

That being said, I really love the dorsal on this one. It's very interesting to see the way the parents' traits come together on this. I think your plant's flowers have far more character than the average anitum hybrid with saturated dorsals.

I do agree with you that if it has darker color in the end of petals,it would be much more exotic. But it is really enough for me, a non-professional grower. Actually, the price to quality ratio for it also not that high.

Latest posts

Back