Paph. Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
101_5064-2PaphHoChiMinhwholeplant.jpg

101_5044-2PaphHoChiMinh.jpg

Thank you everybody. I got this plant from Wendy shortly after the freeze last March. That's the second flower on the stem. The first flower opened in the last week of August; but, as often happens with this cross, it only lasted 5 days. When this second flower on the same stem was opening, I took it into the house, where the air is less humid. It lasted 7 days. It is stunningly beautiful; but, I'd really like to get one that holds it's flowers for a couple months, like Kyle has mentioned are available now.

This second flower on the stem was about 3 1/2"; the first flower was a tiny bit larger.

I second everyone's comments. I think you need to take it in for judging when it blooms again.

Mine was one of the short-lived kind too. It didn't have nearly as nice form as yours.

Shape and colouration of this HCM are extraordinarily good, it's a beauty. Unfortunately don't these blooms last long enough to enjoy their beauty. So you must be quick to take some photos.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I wanted to take this one to judging so badly but since the flowers were so short lived, it was covered in brown spots by the time the Toronto judging centre met for the monthly meeting. :(

Just trying something here. The quality of the photos on page one is pretty bad; but, they are good on my photobucket page, which is where the link is from. I've also posted this photo on OSF and will link to that photo as well. Let's see if the photo is any better. On my computer screen, the original photo is crisp and clear.
101_5064-2%20Paph%20Ho%20Chi%20Minh%20whole%20plant.JPG

Yup, it looks a lot better. I don't know why the link to photobucket is so crapy and the one to OSF is so much better.

Here's the close-up again...only more clear and sharp.
101_5044-2%20Paph%20Ho%20Chi%20Minh.JPG

With out a doubt that is the best HCM out there and thanks for sharing it with us. Jim.

I don't see any difference between the photos. And they have almost the same file size etc. But, maybe my eyes deceive me.

Latest posts

Back