Paph. Hilo Citron

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanasis, do you mean the flasklings that I've chopped up? All is well :D I'll post an update under the original threads, I promise :)

Hi Hardy, I meant the nfs plants that you did the same proceedure with the seedlings. I saw the relevant thread and I see that they are thriving. Bravo :clap: yupppiiieee!!!!:D

#3 and 4 have potential. You can get rid of #1 &2 now, no future for either. #5 he's got personality! Keep him a round to experiment on! The one in your hand will be #1 in the future *wink*

Quick update...

I have to say these flask-grown batch is REALLY SLOW. Most of the plants are yet to bloom. Already 4 years now.... I wonder if there's something wrong with the culture or is it just the plants :confused:
IMG_9944.jpg

One more bloom, not bad I think. :)
IMG_9945.jpg

Quick update...

I have to say these flask-grown batch is REALLY SLOW. Most of the plants are yet to bloom. Already 4 years now.... I wonder if there's something wrong with the culture or is it just the plants :confused:
IMG_9944.jpg

One more bloom, not bad I think. :)
IMG_9945.jpg

Beautiful plants... however the Alma Gevaert is a tetraploid, the Hsinying Citron is a triploid... ( Gael are always diploid...), got plants form this kind of thing. Depending on the chromosome count of each of your plant, they can bloom easily or reluctantly, but this does not mean anything for the flower quality, some slow blooming ones can be excellent...

I see. Well it could be beacuse of the parentage then. Thank you for the grex info and insight!
They are not just slow to bloom, the growth has stalled too.
I mean, they were vigorous when smaller but the growth rate is definitely much slower now.
The plants were recently repotted and the roots looked fine.
I didn't know maudiaes may take that long to flower. More waiting and patience needed I guess!

also the alba hybrids are usually a bit slower than normal i have three flasks taken out at the same time one vini, one normal and ona alba and the albas are the slowest

Latest posts

Back