Paph henryanum x tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plant is about 30 cm across. The second growth is nearly mature

I have second unbloomed seedling which is actually closer to 40cm across which is huge given the parents

I was expecting a slightly greater intensity of colour. The markings are interesting, form is a bit open. Do you know what the individual parents looked like (Henry is very variable both in colour and form, and that might have had a strong influence on the result)
How easily does it grow?

I am not familiar with which clones were used in the species parents and have not seen the parents.

For the first year it sulked then it took off and now grows like a weed. The second plant I have is the same but even larger

All the Wossner Tigerhenrys that I have seen are a lot more spotted and the segments a bit tighter in form and shape, which was why I asked if there was any information about the parental clones. With the maternal plant having been henry, one would have expected the result to have been even more so.
Having said that, a tigrinum baby that 'grows like a weed' and flowers is nothing to be sneezed at!

Back