Paph. helenae 'Charlie' 2017

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John. That's pretty much how I treat mine. After seeing yours last year I put one in a net pot as well but I used fine bark/charcoal which seems to dry out very quickly. In hindsight I probably should have included some more moisture hold material but I'm hesitant to disturb it!

"If it ain't broke......." I started using net pots for everything about 15 to 18 months ago. However, in some cases, even the net pots stayed too wet in my greenhouse and a few plants were moved down to 3 1/2" net pots from 6" net pots. However, helenae 'Charlie' is one plant I lift VERY often and feel the weight. Not all my plants get that kind of personalized attention. So, by taking care to NOT over-water, it's grown well. I'm very pleased that it's increasing in size and looking so happy. So, I'm not going to move it down to a smaller pot. I'll just keep giving this one the special attention it deserves.

Wonderful grown specimen and my most favorite helenae clone! Two more years and you will have more than ten flowers!

Back