Paph. hangianum x leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of best things in orchids passion is the tastes evolution and changes...some years ago I was only sand and his hybrids(like someone here bessae hybrids:))now brachys and parvis are on top...but still have no taste for complex...
So true for me too! I've been able to grow & rebloom parvis & brachys rather than slowly kill them so they're moving up. The brachys are generally small plants so that's appealing too. I like the smaller complexes but although the large flowered complexes are attention getters when in bloom, they can be large plants with big floppy leaves, if that's going to be the case - give me a multi!

Very nice flower. Congrats. Thanks.
My tastes have already canged a couple of times in the two years Ive been growing. Then again anything I can bloom seems good. :)

Great looking flower V. I have a few Brachy hybrids that have the same problem with bud development. Taking months to finally bloom! You'll have to watchout for that in your breeding program

Thanks for the advice.
I was thinking about it and I am studying about it to understand if it is environmental or genetic problem.I have noticed yesterday that the faster one
is developing 1 new grow and the slower one 3 new growths!So maybe the developing speed is changed by the distribution that the plant gives to development.
I think is also linked to resting periode,like,in another thread was discussed about multisheeting in kolopakingii.

I will use this plant in breeding only if have extremely high q flower.

Latest posts

Back