Paph. hangianum x leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valenzino

Reaction score
I think this is the first hangianum hybrid that I've actually liked. I love the center stripe on the dorsal. Bravo!

nice huge flower! interesting it inherited little of the leucochilum markings

P.hangianum seems do be dominant x leucochilum,also the plant is green under leaves.like x micranthum(usually only the base of plants is different).

Also in this cross hang is the pod parent.

I found this plants very easy to grow but the stems needs months to develop and flowers also.The flower have good life.

NIKV- Really??? have you seen hangi x malipoens and hangi x armeniacum?

NIKV- Really??? have you seen hangi x malipoens and hangi x armeniacum?
Sorry to say, but I'm just not a fan of hangianum. Of course, I'm basing that opinion on photos since I haven't seen one in person. But I'd rather have a nice cochlo or a green Maudiae than anything in the parvi group. Just my opinion.

Sorry to say, but I'm just not a fan of hangianum. Of course, I'm basing that opinion on photos since I haven't seen one in person. But I'd rather have a nice cochlo or a green Maudiae than anything in the parvi group. Just my opinion.
Seeing one in person might change your mind, they can be pretty impressive!

One of best things in orchids passion is the tastes evolution and changes...some years ago I was only sand and his hybrids(like someone here bessae hybrids:))now brachys and parvis are on top...but still have no taste for complex...

One of best things in orchids passion is the tastes evolution and changes...some years ago I was only sand and his hybrids(like someone here bessae hybrids:))now brachys and parvis are on top...but still have no taste for complex...

I have to completely agree :) !!!!

Years ago I was on catts, laelias, coelog. ....! I came to know the slippers through brachys (esp. bella) and parvis (esp. armeniacum, dele....) then by the way of besseae I started with (killing) a few phrags, and this forum got me to appreciate multies and even the real complex ones :):):) !

Thanks again Slippertalkers!!!!!

Jean

Great looking flower V. I have a few Brachy hybrids that have the same problem with bud development. Taking months to finally bloom! You'll have to watchout for that in your breeding program

Latest posts

Back