Paph. hainanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
One of the compact growing barbata species. The plant is in a 4 inch community pot. Extra proud of this one as this is my crop. I have seen them grow from the bottle to flower. Cute flower and hoping the rest will follow soon.

15788455654_d768d91cc6_c.jpg

16223278108_59072c12e5_c.jpg

16224702889_ed54ccb487_c.jpg

Oh, Ibn... THAT's really nice!!! Is that one plant? The one that you gave me doesn't do much. I think i'll try to repot it in sphag. Great job on this one! I would be super proud too.

Beautiful. You must be psyched with this result. The foliage and flower are so attractive. Your are one hell of a photographer too!

Love the flower and the foliage is gorgeous! At first, I thought it was just one plant, from that flask less than 3 years ago! But, then I reread your post and saw that you said it was one of many plants in a community pot. You grew them really well. Congrats!

I have two of these and the leaves are quite a bit lighter
in color than your plant and neither have bloomed yet.
Can you provide a few pointers for proper culture. My
plants look quite healthy, but perhaps a tip or two might
help me bloom them.

A good uniformity to those seedlings. Always nice when they seem to grow uniformly and mature at a similar rate. Great growing!
Attractive bloom on a strong tall spike. Good petal width and attitude. The staminode is lit up like a bright green light in the center of the bloom. Interesting visual effect that is created by the green radiating out into the bloom and bordering the edge of the pouch. Lovely, congratulations on your success.

Well Es, you have done exceedingly well again. And the more you post the better they are!! I think now would be a good time to remind us of your techinque and conditions??......:clap:

Thanks for the kind compliments.

As for culture. I treat everything the same. I grow them at intermediate temperatures. 17c-22c in winter and no higher than 30c in the summer. I keep it moist with fine bark, perlite and clay balls. Feed with low dose of fertilizer. I use .5 tsp per 5 gallon of water. Humidity is kinda low for my liking (only 30%-50% RH).

For fertilzer, I use plant prod.

The N breakdown is as following:
Nitrate Nitrogen 3.0%
Ammoniacal Nitrogen 7.6%
Urea Nitrogen 14.4%

The ca/mg source is my tap water which has plenty of it.

Latest posts

Back