Paph. fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score

Not fully opened yet but looks promising, just hope I can keep it alive over the next year or two!!
The spike is just 11" high/
Ed

Did you buy it in bloom? I think a secret to keeping them alive is fresh mix after the bloom fades.

No didn't buy it in bloom Eric but I'll do as you say and supply it with fresh mix after the flower fades. Repotted in orchiata on purchase.

Ed

I don't think the two I have will ever be this beautiful no matter how old
and big they get! Phraggy, I think your bloom is the most colorful I've
ever seen. I hope you post more pics as the bloom matures.

Wonderful! I just love fairries and I hope mine will flower one day (it has some serious growing to do first though). I don't think it will have such a wonderful colour as yours though. :smitten:

Sorry can't help on the clonal name of this. I just bought it as a straight fairrieanum

Ed

Showing it tomorrow at our Christmas Show.

How do you mean " I get to name it" ???
Put it before the judges today and surprisingly got awarded 4th out of 5 entries!!!!

Two growths and no marks on the leaves!!!

Ed

In the days when I used to have success with fairreanum, I found that cool temperatures really brought out the red in the dorsal. Same plant- warm, dorsal mostly white with red stripes, cool, very red dorsal with very little white. P. haynaldianum is another one that gets much darker in cooler temperatures.

Back