Paph dianthum - 7 spikes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
It puts out a big flowering every two years. This year it has 7 spikes with 23 flowers - 5 spikes of 3 flowers and two spikes of 4. It did have 3 spikes with 4 flowers but one bud aborted during the extreme heat. It does look pretty amazing although the photo is a bit chaotic. I might need to think about my staking strategy next time so it displays better. It is difficult when there are so many spikes and flowers in such a confined space.

"It is difficult when there are so many spikes and flowers in such a confined space." :rollhappy: to have such concerns is beyond the imagination of many of us, David.

BLOODY AMAZING!!! :clap:

Beautiful. I thought when you posted the last blooming that it was the best paph I had ever seen. I may have to revisit that thought.:)

Bill

holy heck that is some good growing!! how many years to get it up to this specimen size?

I bought it as a 3-4 growth division about 10 or so years ago. It has been growing steadily since then.

"It is difficult when there are so many spikes and flowers in such a confined space." :rollhappy: to have such concerns is beyond the imagination of many of us, David.

BLOODY AMAZING!!! :clap:

LOL. I like to be able to delineate each spike and flower when I photograph but I guess I'm asking a bit too much in this case. I think the plant is more spectacular than the photo as it is difficult to portray the mass flowering in 2D, especially when the the spikes are not well separated. I might experiment a bit more with the photography.

Latest posts

Back