Paph Deperle (and a question)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdk.catfish

Reaction score
While I understand that hybrids are sometimes viewed as the red-headed stepchild, I find this one quite attractive and I've not seen it since I have been viewing this forum. It is Deperle, a cross of delanati fma vincolor 'Dark Glow x primulinum fma purpaurascens 'Tall 50'. I was unsure of it at first but it has grown on me. I'm not sure you can see but the staminode area is kind of a smoky color which goes well with the pink. But for my question, does anyone have advice about how to get a true black background using an iphone. I have tried black cloth and foamboard, in all sort of light situations except for taking them at night using flash, and the black always comes out as washed out. For this I used a poor man's photoshop called Superimpose ($1.99 in your app store) but it is a lot of work and if you enlarge it you will still see white pixels as I took it with a white background so the app could better distinguish the pixel difference. But that means lots of trouble when you get to the petals with white tones. I can't justify going out and buying a $1000 camera, as I really think it is an f-stop thing, so I keep looking for solutions. Thank you in advance.
Deperle_12_2020.JPG

I understand that hybrids are sometimes viewed as the red-headed stepchild
Only to die-hard speciesists - to whom I counted myself, as I set out in these pages with my first "youthfull" ardour - and, admitted, even though hard to do so: ignominous arrogance!

My leanings still tend to go in that direction, but I have softened up a bit over the years - as I have increasingly been drawn towards The Dark Side. Recently, I have even been attracted to a few anathematic entities - the otherwise loathed cross-sectional hybrids as represented by f.ex. Paph. Alexej and Paph. Dollgoldi. One thing are the classic primary hybrids, e.g. Paph. Lady Isobel, but with this latest development I have started to fear, where it all will end, and what will become of me! 🧐

Last edited:
Only to die-hard speciesists - to whom I counted myself, as I set out in these pages with my first "youthfull" ardour - and, admitted, even though hard to do so: ignominous arrogance!

My leanings still tend to go in that direction, but I have softened up a bit over the years - as I have increasingly been drawn towards The Dark Side. Recently, I have even been attracted to a few anathematic entities - the otherwise loathed cross-sectional hybrids as represented by f.ex. Paph. Alexej and Paph. Dollgoldi. One thing are the classic primary hybrids, e.g. Paph. Lady Isobel, but with this lattest development I have started to fear, where it all will end, and what will become of me! 🧐
Jens, don't you know the basic rule for orchidophiles?

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
- The Borg

My leanings still tend to go in that direction, but I have softened up a bit over the years - as I have increasingly been drawn towards The Dark Side. Recently, I have even been attracted to a few anathematic entities - the otherwise loathed cross-sectional hybrids as represented by f.ex. Paph. Alexej and Paph. Dollgoldi. One thing are the classic primary hybrids, e.g. Paph. Lady Isobel, but with this lattest development I have started to fear, where it all will end, and what will become of me! 🧐
Jens, don't you know the basic rule for orchidophiles?

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
- The Borg

Fear not for you will only be happier with wider horizon of beauties opening up before your eyes and mind! hahaha Welcome to the dark side :)

Latest posts

Back