Paph Delrosi 'Florafest' HCC/QOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic buy David! Does the second spike have 3 as well? Hands down, you are doing a much better job then the previous owner!
I have a HCC clone as well so clearly mine has bloomed before. Now its my turn to discover the secret to blooming one. I think the previous owner of my plant bloomed it once got the award and then pass it onto me because he didn't know to grow Paphs.. my great fortune.
What is the leaf span on your blooming growths? They look a lot wider then my plant too.

what would comes out if you slef a delrosi like yours.
Or would it be a benefit if you bread it back to micranthum.

As that would be a secondary hybrid you would see a lot more variation than the primary hybrid. A few would be really dominated by the roth while a few others the delenatii. I have another Delrosi which I think is better than this one. It has bigger flowers and a bit better shape. It is only a small plant so it is still establishing. Maybe a cross between the two one day. I don't have a micranthum to cross with.

Fantastic buy David! Does the second spike have 3 as well? Hands down, you are doing a much better job then the previous owner!
I have a HCC clone as well so clearly mine has bloomed before. Now its my turn to discover the secret to blooming one. I think the previous owner of my plant bloomed it once got the award and then pass it onto me because he didn't know to grow Paphs.. my great fortune.
What is the leaf span on your blooming growths? They look a lot wider then my plant too.

Yes Rick, the 2nd spike has three flowers as well. Well the previous owner did get four flowers a spike and got it awarded so I haven't matched that yet. But I do seemed to have worked out how to get it to flower.

The leaf span is about 33 cm (13 inches) and almost 5 cm wide. Best of luck in flowering yours. They are certainly worth the effort.

Very nice David. Good to see you have a Florafest plant with the right name.

LOL Roy. I actually bought this division off Woolf Orchids. The original owner bought it off Florafest and so used that name when it got awarded. So Florafest can't take credit for my plant directly but I guess you have to acknowledge that the original plant was correctly labelled. Have Florafest closed up?

Beautiful flower, but what impresses me most is that you've had 3 bloomings in 7 months? It must be growing like a weed!

It is a pretty good grower. The most recent growth to flower could only be 18 months old. The plant itself isn't that big. There aren't huge numbers of growths. But there are a few new growths coming and the way it is growing it won't be long before it is a good size specimen.

LOL Roy. I actually bought this division off Woolf Orchids. The original owner bought it off Florafest and so used that name when it got awarded. So Florafest can't take credit for my plant directly but I guess you have to acknowledge that the original plant was correctly labelled. Have Florafest closed up?

http://www.woolforchidculture.com/

Florafest closed a long time ago, many years now. From what has been alleged, the owner had to leave in a hurry. Had quite a few customers looking for him to seek reimbursment for quantities of mislabelled plants.
John did manage to obtain correct items which was a blessing.

Florafest closed a long time ago, many years now. From what has been alleged, the owner had to leave in a hurry. Had quite a few customers looking for him to seek reimbursment for quantities of mislabelled plants.
John did manage to obtain correct items which was a blessing.

Thanks Roy. Doesn't look like there is much chance of me getting a refund (as promised) for the plants that don't turn out to be what they were sold as. :)

beautiful,I am speechless.
the same plant that sent me falconer.
david just for curiosity what mean these HCC/QOS ?
thanks in advance.
still congrats.
anna

beautiful,I am speechless.
the same plant that sent me falconer.
david just for curiosity what mean these HCC/QOS ?
thanks in advance.
still congrats.
anna

Anna - are you asking specifically what does HCC/QOS mean or are you asking more generally what do those letters mean at the end of an orchid name?

HCC/QOS is an award of the Queensland Orchid Society is correct. It was awarded in 1984. That is a state award. Today in Australia when you get a state award you automatically get a AOC award (Australian Orchid Council) as well. The original owner (Murray) said that back in 1984 when you got a state award you then had to put it up for an AOC award by sending them lots of slides and they judged it from the photos. The slides were taken on Fuji film which wasn't allowed by the AOC so in the end it never received a national award.

Latest posts

Back