Paph Delrosi 'Bessie' HCC/AOS and Delrosi 'Florafest' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
It is rare for me to flower one of these, let alone two at once. In fact, I bought the 'Bessie' clone in 2010, flowered it in 2012 and it hasn't flowered since until now. Pretty similar looking flowers.

Paph Delrosi 'Bessie' HCC/AOS

Delrosi-bessie-2023-2.jpg

Delrosi-bessie-2023.jpg

Paph Delrosi 'Florafest' AM/AOC

Delrosi-florafest-2023.jpg

Delrosi-florafest-2023-2.jpg

Delrosi-florafest-2023-3.jpg

Delrosi 'Florafest' was plant I had awarded about 1984 (QOS) only as I didn't have Kodak film to comply with AOC award rules. Slow grower and very shy flowerer. Congrats on doing well with it. It never got an AM it was only a HCC and QOS only not AOC. Deserved an am though.

Last edited:
Delrosi 'Florafest' was plant I had awarded about 1984 (QOS) only as I didn't have Kodak film to comply with AOC award rules. Slow grower and very shy flowerer. Congrats on doing well with it. It never got an AM it was only a HCC and QOS only not AOC. Deserved an am though.

Thanks Murray. I will correct my label. It was sold to me as an AM/AOC awarded plant. I got this clone in 2011. It has grown fairly well for me, as you can see it is in a pretty large clump now. Flowers sporadically though. I was looking closely at the plant this morning and noticed another spike just coming through. It is a much larger growth than the current flowering one. So I am hopeful it will have 3 flowers. I have flowered it with 3 flowers before.

From memory (pity I cant find the flower will devote more time to that later) when it got the HCC had 4 flowers on board. I got the plant from Barry Jefferies as he was starting up Florafest, when it was awarded it also took Grand Champion of the QOS Autumn Show in 1984. I named the clone Florafest for Barry.

Well done, David...congrats on your patience being rewarded!

Like you my preference too veers towards 'Florafest'...for the reasons you give. In addition I also find its colouring better and the overall impression of its flowers more harmonious (the parts of the flower relative to each other)!

Last edited:
Your wish is my command!..... Delrosi Florafest (from Jim McCubbin's photos setpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks Stephen. Those flowers match up with mine. I got my clone off the same person who sold me my Bel Royal (Possybaby).

So Jim flowered 2 spikes of 3 flowers each.

Really like that Florafest clone, congrats on getting these two to bloom. No small feat!

Latest posts

Back