Paph. Delenatii var. Vinicolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petro

Reaction score
Look what arrived in the mail today—a tiny paph. delenatii var. vinicolor! Car key for scale. ;)

7889559622_ba85906e78.jpg

'Waunakee Warrior' AM/AOS, that's from a Chuck Acker flask. Congrats! Those are going to be great delenatii.

'Waunakee Warrior' AM/AOS, that's from a Chuck Acker flask. Congrats! Those are going to be great delenatii.

Good catch! I probably should have mentioned that. It is indeed from the Chuck Acker flask above. It'll definitely be worth the wait!

Dido, they are light. I grow under T5s and about a week ago I moved them under a two bulb unit from a four bulb one. I figure in a couple of more weeks they will be right back to their dark little selves.

Bark size

I've never seen Paphs grown in such chunky bark and I've been growing them for over 30yr. I'm not saying it can't be done but you'd probably be well advised to think about repotting them into a finer mix.

Dido, they are light. I grow under T5s and about a week ago I moved them under a two bulb unit from a four bulb one. I figure in a couple of more weeks they will be right back to their dark little selves.

I grow mine a foot away from a 24 watt T5 watt bulb. any closer than that. They will become lighter in colour. Its probably the optimum light levels when they are yellowish green but I still want those beautiful foliage so I tried the lowest light for them but will still be able to bloom. Same with barbigerums and coccineums. any closer than a foot from the lights they tend to get lighter.

Latest posts

Back