Paph. (conkoloco x armeniacum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I am very excited about this new cross. I only got about 4 seedlings out of this cross, but they have all been pretty vigorous. It is still in bud, but you can tell it is going to have at least 3 flowers:

Papharmeniacumxconkoloco-bud-102020.jpg

Whole Plant:

Papharmeniacumxconkoloco-plant-1020.jpg

Robert

Having in mind rick's plant and great flowers, it is difficult to have to wait to see the outcome of your cross!!! what is the ls of your plant?? Please, keep us updated regularly!!! Jean

Having in mind rick's plant and great flowers, it is difficult to have to wait to see the outcome of your cross!!! what is the ls of your plant?? Please, keep us updated regularly!!! Jean

LS is 34 to 35 cm

Robert

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers open. Please post updated photos when you have them! :)

You can see is a picture of the conkoloco parent that I used for this cross on a previous thread:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5596&highlight=conkoloco

It looks like Rick's plant had better shape and color, but what I thought was amazing about our plant was the number of flowers!

Robert

Interesting. Ours looks almost identical to Rick's. Maybe you have a "koloconco" and Rick and I have a conkoloco (ie pod and pollen parents swapped). :)

-Ernie

You can see is a picture of the conkoloco parent that I used for this cross on a previous thread:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5596&highlight=conkoloco

It looks like Rick's plant had better shape and color, but what I thought was amazing about our plant was the number of flowers!

Robert
Totally amzing Robert. I counted 8 flowers I have never seen that many on this cross. I see why you're getting 3 on this new hybrid first bloomer.
Interesting. Ours looks almost identical to Rick's. Maybe you have a "koloconco" and Rick and I have a conkoloco (ie pod and pollen parents swapped). :)

-Ernie
Cute Ernie, cute.
Regardless of the flower, the foliage is gorgeous.
My thoughts exactly, super leaves

one week later

As promised here are 2 pictures of the bud development after one week. It sure is taking this cross a long time for the flower to open....

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum10272008-1.jpg

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum10272008.jpg

Robert

-Ernie

I looked up the tag on our conkoloco, and ours was also made with concolor as the pod parent. The tag said: concolor 'Fountain Springs' HCC/AOS x kolopakingii 'Montieceto' B/OSA. Ours had bloomed for the 3rd time when I took the picture, and each time it got more flowers, so maybe yours and Rick's will also get more flowers the next time they bloom.

Robert

Two weeks later....Getting Pretty Close...

It has been two weeks since I have first posted pictures of this cross. This is what the bud looks like now..I don't know why, but I am more excited about this cross than any others I have made. I can just tell it is going to be good...You can tell it is going to be bright yellow with some red to brown spots and veins.

I already know (if it breeds) what I am going to cross it with. We have a very good Paph. wenshanense with very large flowers in bloom right now. I was thinking to keep the yellows going (as the wenshanense has a lot of yellow in it as well), and it will widen out the petals even more. I think this cross is the first hybrid that has parvi, brachy and multifloral genes in it, does anyone else know of any other hybrids with that background?

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum1132008-1.jpg

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum1132008.jpg

Robert

not fair Robert! That flower kicks butt and it ain't even open yet!!! I'm so green with......I can't say it. I think I'm as excited as you are!:clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back