Paph. concolor did well this year

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fantastic growing! what a show...so is this a seedling from a cross you made or a piece from your original plant?

So here it is! Thanks!
45 years is quite something.
When was the last time you divided? and what is it potted in?
I'm just curious as to the growth rate of this obviously vigorous plant.
and how often does it bloom?

I sort of regret picking up some of this species at my last shopping. There was a pile of very healthy plants at a reasonable price from Ten Shin Gardens. Oh, well...

So here it is! Thanks!
45 years is quite something.
When was the last time you divided? and what is it potted in?
I'm just curious as to the growth rate of this obviously vigorous plant.
and how often does it bloom?

I sort of regret picking up some of this species at my last shopping. There was a pile of very healthy plants at a reasonable price from Ten Shin Gardens. Oh, well...

My repot tag says it hasn't been repotted in three years. Maybe I forgot to update the tag. As to when I divided this last I can't say. As long as it stays together when I repot I just pot up unless some piece or pieces need to come off for esthetic reasons.

Potting material is coir, small and med chunks, along with coarse perlite and charcoal with additions of limestone and oyster shell bits, hoof and horn meal and green sand.

As to how often it blooms I'd say yearly although it seems that some of the smaller divisions don't always follow the same schedule.

I tried counting the number of growths on this once but gave up because the growth is so tight. Time to repot after this blooming.

Wow, that is so well grown. Congratulations on your cultural achievement!

I used to love going to Great Lakes Orchids on day trips. 4 hours there, shop and then 4 hours back home. What fun! Went on club sponsored bus trips as welll as just me and a few friends in a car. This was way back when it hadn't yet become fashionable for governments to be so ridiculously anal about preventing house plants from crossing political borders. We used to come home so loaded down with plants that they were practically sticking out of the windows! Nobody cared! Ah, the good ol' days when living in a free country actually meant something.

My repot tag says it hasn't been repotted in three years. Maybe I forgot to update the tag. As to when I divided this last I can't say. As long as it stays together when I repot I just pot up unless some piece or pieces need to come off for esthetic reasons.

Potting material is coir, small and med chunks, along with coarse perlite and charcoal with additions of limestone and oyster shell bits, hoof and horn meal and green sand.

As to how often it blooms I'd say yearly although it seems that some of the smaller divisions don't always follow the same schedule.

I tried counting the number of growths on this once but gave up because the growth is so tight. Time to repot after this blooming.

Thanks!

How do you get the potting mix in properly with such a tight clump?
I need to repot my Armeni White, but I'm dreaded. lol

Latest posts

Back