Paph Christiana Richards

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the second blooming for this plant which is Conco-bellatulum x malipoense. The shape is still a little off, but nice.

PaphChristianaRichards209.jpg

PaphChristianaRichardsplant209.jpg

That's fantastic! I bought a seedling recently on the basis of the cross (I didn't know what it looked like!), and am very pleased with what it could look like :D

Dan

Fantastic! That is a beautiful flower. I have a seedling of this one, so thanks very much for including a photo of the entire plant! It gives me some indication of how much more mine has to grow to be flowering size. :)

Ross, I had you pegged as a complex man! I've been fooled, you can be simple too with this beautiful primary cross (or near primary depending on who's calling the shots):p

This plant comes from an Antec flask I bought a few years back. About a 15 survived to juvenile size, when I sold most of them. When this one first bloomed a year ago, I was pleased with the overall quality, so I sold the final three "big'uns". I believe that a couple are owned by Slippertalk members.

Ross, I had you pegged as a complex man! I've been fooled, you can be simple too with this beautiful primary cross (or near primary depending on who's calling the shots):p

I like all types of Paphs, as well as Miltonias, Pleurothalids, Phals, Catasetums, Habenarias, etc. Julie also loves miniatures of any sort plus Cattleyas. I just don't have the time or space to satisfy all of our interests, so I have specialized in breeding compact Paphs and and collecting "antique" Paphs and older awarded ones, most of which happen to be complex. It's not as common to see awarded divisions of species or primary hybrids for sale, especially at prices I can afford.

Thanks Ross for the insight of your's and your wife's interests. I'll keep you in mind if I run into anything of interest for the two of you.

Glad you all like it!!!
We named the cross while we were in Florida after our friend Chris Richards wife of Kerry Richards of "A World of Orchids"
Paul

Back