Paph. Chou-Yi Ruby

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carkin

Reaction score
This is it's first bloom, and the colour is darker in real life. I bought it with a bud a couple of months ago. I'm kinda surprised that it didn't blast because I discovered it came with mealy bugs so I had to keep treating it (I was super vigilant) and even had to repot it. These hybrids are bulletproof!

Very nice one. What is the petal width?
Thanks

This is it's first bloom, and the colour is darker in real life. I bought it with a bud a couple of months ago. I'm kinda surprised that it didn't blast because I discovered it came with mealy bugs so I had to keep treating it (I was super vigilant) and even had to repot it. These hybrids are bulletproof!

These hybrids are bulletproof!

I have finally discovered my problem with maudiae hybrids: I culture with armor piercing rounds. I will switch to lighter ammunition and hope the next one I purchase won't rot away like all the others...

More seriously: great flower and good growing.

Mealy bugs are such a nuisance. I must spray again... they snuck into my collection on a maudiae hybrid too.

The first thing that caught my eye was the clean lines of this flower (no mud). I'd like to see that dorsal stand up and salute!

Thank you for all the kind words!! I was really happy to see how beautiful it turned out, it was exactly what I was hoping for.
Unfortunately I don't think it will flatten out anymore. It is actually working on another bud. Hopefully it won't ruin the presentation of the first flower but I thought I'd let it do it's thing this time round and see what happens. I can take another picture when it opens, if it's worth it.

The first bloom didn't flatten any more, so I didn't bother with a second pic. This is the second bud that has opened. It looks like the "budget" was spent on the first bloom, lol, because this one isn't as pretty, but the dorsal is standing up more.
I'm wondering if this second bloom taxed the first bloom too much because it died shortly after this one opened.

I have finally discovered my problem with maudiae hybrids: I culture with armor piercing rounds. I will switch to lighter ammunition and hope the next one I purchase won't rot away like all the others...

More seriously: great flower and good growing.

Mealy bugs are such a nuisance. I must spray again... they snuck into my collection on a maudiae hybrid too.

Hahaha...they are surprisingly tough!
Hope you got rid of all those nasty mealys....grrrrr.

Latest posts

Back