Paph thaianum (thaianum 'Chou Yi Round' X sib)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Paph thaianum (thaianum 'Chou Yi Round' X sib)

a45eec8d0e6ab85107d0bf10e12c2be3.jpg

Waiting patiently for this little plant to flower. Bud started to emerge since 3-17-2015. Probably two more weeks before this opens. This group of plants are in bloom when I visited Chou Yi Orchids in Taiwan last week. Our blooming season is slower than Taiwan (subtropical climate). My heater was still running this past couple days and tomorrow is May already.

619f2a0179217df05437a9be75de5e4e.jpg

I have this in moss because these were imported wrapped in moss. I don't want to disrupt the flowering. I tend to underwater so moss works well for my growing condition.

It's been almost two month since imported so a few of these are now potted into more open mix (adding sponge rock, bark, charcoal).

Very nice. I put a bid on the one you listed on Ebay but wasn't iinterested in bidding any higher then what you had listed on your site! Note: I didn't win either:rollhappy:

The first sight on this thaianum I thought it's kind of an albino. Until you mentioned it's an update. Had those dots faded? I could not see the pigments on the petals when compared to your first bloom photo.

The first sight on this thaianum I thought it's kind of an albino. Until you mentioned it's an update. Had those dots faded? I could not see the pigments on the petals when compared to your first bloom photo.

They are two different flowers. First open flower photo I took was a different plant in Taiwan.

I was updating photos of the small plant in bud.

Back