Paph Chiu Hua Dancer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mossy, I grow it along with all of my other paphs in a North East facing window and high humidity. I heard that they prefer warmer temperatures but this winter the temps range from a low of 58 to a high of 68 on the windowsill. The only difference from my other paphs is the potting mix. I usually use Orchiata, perlite, and charcoal, but on this one I use just medium Orchiata bark layered with sphagnum moss. As soon as the moss gets dry I water it instead of on a regular schedule and have only used fertilizer once a month. It has grown at pretty much the same rate (maybe a little faster) as the others even though it's roots were in rough shape when I got it.

From your cultural description - you seem to really like this one because of the extra attention it is getting. Hope it keeps growing and gets much larger. I like the pictures of the big ones with many blooms. The wide spiral petals are one of the features that drew me to this cross.

I do love this one! But I really do pamper them all the same. I get up almost two hours earlier every day just so I can spend time looking over them and taking care of each one. My fiance thinks I love them more than him! haha
Good luck with yours!

Aha.. you love your plants, I do too lol.. hopefully he will be supportive, if you are lucky you can get him to help with temp. And humidity when you are not around. my girlfriend helps me out, I'm pursuasive hahaha

Back