Paph (Brandon Alexander x henryanum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blueovalgal

Here's a paph I purchased from Paphreek/Ross in October 2007 finally in bloom. I really like how small the flower is... I haven't been around much with life's events but wanted to let Ross know it's doing well here! Thanks, Ross, for a wonderful plant! Barbara

In sun:
av2009016Small.jpg

In shade:
av2009017Small.jpg

:clap: No doubt on who the one parent is!
I would have expected the sun picture to have washed out colors rather than the brighter colors!

henryanum = 50%
charlesworthii = 25%
rest = Ballet Girl = Leeanum x Clinkaberry = (spicerianumx insigne) x (curtisii x philippinense)

This flower has interesting parentage. The philippinense seems mostly gone, except maybe seen in the slightly narrow petals.

Given the size of some curtisii, philippinense, & insigne, I would have predicted a medium size plant rather than dwarf. How big is the plant?

Hi,

If I measured it correctly (and I measured one of the fans), one fan is about 14 inches across from leaf tip to leaf tip. I'm sorry I don't know the correct terminology -- I grow them because they make me happy -- but the flower from top to bottom measures about 2 1/2 inches and what I like to call the "arm" petals less than 2 inches. (I measured that without straightening out the arms.)

I just took this photo of the entire plant in its 5" pot. I have it in the shade house outside, hanging because of its long leaves. Thanks for all the nice comments! I really like this plant. :)

av2009Small.jpg

Beautifully grown, it is nice to see specimen plants. Too many people divide their Paphs down to less than 4 growths per division. (I am guilty of dividing my paphs down also). A leaf span of 14 inches (your terminology is fine) puts it as a medium size Paph. The measurement from petal tip to petal tip without flattening the flower is called the horizontal natural spread, yours sounds like it would be about 4 inches or 10 cm. The vertical natural spread spread sounds like it is 2.5 inches. All in all a nice medium size flower with interesting color, I really like henryanum hybrids. Thanks for sharing your plant. - Leo

Latest posts

Back