Paph bellatulum 09

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
This is the 3rd flowering of the bella I got in 2006 from G. Schmidt!!!
here last year's thread link: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7105&highlight=bellatulum

interesting in this year's pic is the coloring of the spots with a strong backlight of the sun! Btw its the 1st bloom that opened 2 weeks ago; on the left a 2nd bud about to open, and on the right the 3rd new growth with a very young spike :)! Jean

WOW!! You are a great grower!! The bloom is beautiful!! Very dazzling! Amazing plant! Bloom ,bud and spike all on one plant. What are your culture secrets? I have heard they are tricky to grow.

WOW... What are your culture secrets? I have heard they are tricky to grow.

I have been to G. Schmidt yesterday and I told him about the plant, and he answered me 'your culture seems to be ok then..'. then I confessed that I had not yet been keen enough during this 3,.. years to repot the plant meaning that it is always in its original plastic pot/mix ...! It grows in bright light, no direct sun, and according to the size of the plant it does not get too much water (the rather large foliage preventing most of it to get to the media) when I am watering my gh :)! Jean

Beautiful Jean. A well grown plant as well. You are doing a lot better than me. It has been a few years since mine flowered. Brachy's resent being repotted. So the longer you go without without needing to repot them the better. But then you need a very well drained mix as they are also really susceptible to root rot.

David

Very pretty. A chef could do a spectacular dessert putting it on a plate with rapsberries and vanilla ice cream. :drool:

Jean, fantastic! I like how "open" the flower appears. Good luck when you do decide to repot! What size of a pot is it currently in?

Latest posts

Back