Paph. Bailey Kalina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In bloom this morning, Paph. Bailey Kalina (fairrieanum x tigrinum) - an interesting combination of species named after one of our dearly departed schnauzers. The older I get, the more I can appreciate the old Country and Western song "Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine".....

Last edited:
It's very pretty. I'm a little conflicted as to whether I like the color or not, but I'm a sucker for spots, and I think the spot arrangement on your flower is top notch. It's also nice to see something like this in bloom, since I've never seen it before, and tigrinum hybrids in general aren't terribly common.

We had very few seedlings of Paph. Bailey Kalina to offer eight or nine years ago - as I remember there were only 20-25 total - and we sold all but three, so not a large enough population to comment on consistency. The ones we did keep were very similar one to another when they bloomed. Being trying for a long time to remake this hybrid with no luck. Maybe it'll work this year.....

We had very few seedlings of Paph. Bailey Kalina to offer eight or nine years ago - as I remember there were only 20-25 total - and we sold all but three, so not a large enough population to comment on consistency. The ones we did keep were very similar one to another when they bloomed. Being trying for a long time to remake this hybrid with no luck. Maybe it'll work this year.....

A lovely hybrid, well worth a remake! Good luck with it

Latest posts

Back