Paph argus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I do think it's a pretty showy plant, but that's just me :\ I've been pretty tempted to pick a couple up from Orchids Limited, but I want to wait until spring to see which ones end up blooming ;)

I did pick one up from OL in Sept. Found two that were in low sheath and picked the one with the darkest sheath. It's Sooo close to opening now, so I'll post it when it does. I'm hoping for dark like Rick's. I'll have to check the tag, but I think I have 'Great Argument' x '#1'... :clap: I really like venustum too, so it's the pouch of this species that attracted me.

vini argus

here are three from the CSA awards slides. sorry for the poor quality (the quality is bad on the original scans) but you get the idea. On the right is 'Blackman' AD/CSA, in the center is var. nigrescens 'Red Helmet' AD/CSA, and on the right is 'Beej' B/CSA. These were awarded in rather different years - 'Blackman' in 1988, 'Red Helmet' in 1971, and 'Beej' in 1991; I have not seen a dark argus ever, but it's nice to know the potential of the species. All the ones I have and have seen are the lighter color Rick showed.

Attachments

• argus 'Blackman'.jpg
    argus 'Blackman'.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 15
  • argus nigrescens 'Red Helmet'.jpg
    argus nigrescens 'Red Helmet'.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Argus 'Beej'.jpg
    Argus 'Beej'.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 18
I did pick one up from OL in Sept. Found two that were in low sheath and picked the one with the darkest sheath. It's Sooo close to opening now, so I'll post it when it does. I'm hoping for dark like Rick's. I'll have to check the tag, but I think I have 'Great Argument' x '#1'... :clap: I really like venustum too, so it's the pouch of this species that attracted me.

Please post pics when it opens!!!!!

Latest posts

Back