Pacific Orchid Exposition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SF Orchid Society used to have a Fall show at the Hall of Flowers. Maybe they still do. I've been to it a few times years ago. It was nice because it wasn't too crowded, at least back then.

The SF Orchid Society used to have a Fall show at the Hall of Flowers. Maybe they still do. I've been to it a few times years ago. It was nice because it wasn't too crowded, at least back then.

Yes, Orchids In The Park.

There aren't as many out of town vendors, however.

And it gets mad now!

Thanks for letting me know they still have it. I should go again sometime. It's always nice to visit Golden Gate Park.

Sure - should be sometime in September, but no date has been announced yet. I'd imagine everyone is still recovering from last weekend.

I know I've been pretty quiet here during and since the POE show! I have been recuperating! I did very well financially, had lots of donated help from a friend Joseph Kautz, and from my dear helper Milagro Medrano and her family who kindly worked for me for hauling, packing, unpacking, staging, repacking, re-hauling. I've been slowly getting the greenhouse put back into a semblance of order this week and grateful for rain so I didn't feel compelled to work hard at it. Next week I'm getting down to the real business at hand...organizing!

I want to thank several of the local slipper talkers for their stops in the booth and their purchases! I'm beginning to feel like I have a group of "homies" who care about what I'm doing and love slippers as much as I do! In general, I can say that this year (last 12 months) has been one of super growth and continued development of my stock. Big thanks, also, specifically, to all the Orchid Zone folks whose wonderful plants have been a mainstay for this current show and for my future! I'm having a great time getting to know Terry and Samantha, John Chant, Rafael, and the others on staff whose names I don't yet know. It's really heaven in their greenhouses...

As usual was googling kovachii and came across the facebook page for this event. The page shows a kovachii that was featured at this event.

The google search results that linked to the facebook page also mention a hand made ceramic hanging orchid pot in the art nouveau style on ebay which the seller describes as their solution to the lack of aesthetic in orchid pots and I have to completely agree.

The pots are unique in the form of a face with roots and patterns of holes for drainage and featured at this Pacific Orchid Exposition, although I was unable to locate the images of it on their facebook page but the seller is selling them on ebay last time I checked.

Latest posts

Back