Pacific Orchid Exposition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going, will even be there the day before, but I'm starting to get concerned that I won't be able to water my plants this summer!

Jeremy, i am starting to have a similar concern. Need to find an RO unit with less waste or find some plants that like 8.4 pH and heavy minerals.
I will be helping out my friend Dean at the Paphiness booth.

Abax, I know the feeling.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tyler, maybe we have already met and don't know it. I just saw Dean a couple weeks ago, and if you were at Orchids in the park, I was with him for a bit there getting several things. I may have seen you elsewhere also. Anyway, I will stop by and say hi.

Eric, have you attended the POE? It's an orchid madhouse. I salute
anyone who can take decent photos in that crush of plants and people. I
already had a ticket and still had to wait in line for over 30 minutes to get
in opening night. All the OSF members met at Andy's "cage" because it
was relatively easy to find. I hope all of you find each other and have a
wonderful time!

Madhouse is a good term. It can be too much, at times (for me). I realize that for a lot of people, this is their one chance a year to get good plants. And because of that, people are at times really aggressive and you can feel the energy.

I tend to prefer my quiet time with a greenhouse owner, on-site - picking out my plants before the show!

But I get why it's worth going, and meeting new people, too.

Eric, have you attended the POE? It's an orchid madhouse. I salute anyone who can take decent photos in that crush of plants and people.

No I have never been, I always order plants from importers there and have them shipped to me!! :D
BTW, I did work at the GNYOS show many years so I think I know about a little about madhouse venues and I usually got photos!!

Amadeus. What are you looking for and I will pass the message to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Oh that's so kind of you. I can't ever afford his stuff (his multy's) but I do love hearing him talk about his plants and I love seeing them. Last year he pulled some 'special plants' he was hiding under his table for me to drool over. That was last year's highlight for me.

Oh, I temporarily forgot you're a New Yorker, Eric. You're used to crowded
craziness. Forgive me. I think you'd love POE and you'd know how to
get in there and mix-it-up. I really didn't at the time.

As an aside, is Maisie Orchids still attending? I loved their quiet little
corner when I was there and talking about Chinese Cyms. with the owner.

Hey folks, anyone planning to go to the fabulous POE can get in for all three days free by volunteering for a minimum of three hours! Look on the San Francisco Orchid Society website and find the "volunteer" on the left side in the list of clickable topics. We need help in hospitality, security, and odd jobs. I think Plant Hotel is covered, though it's really fun and some people do it year after year.
If you have difficulty figuring out how to navigate the website, PM me.

Latest posts

Back