P. hirsutissimum var. esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This esquirolei I bought from Popow's stand last year in Dresden, then flowering with 4 flowers. It's grown a bit since then, but this time around, I'll have to make due with "only" two flowers. It's of the Taka-breeding line, that Popow describes as being on the more compact side:

20200403_165053.jpg
20200403_165935.jpg
NS: 14 cm
The second flower, not yet fully opened:
20200403_165211.jpg
Plant in toto:
20200403_165114.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent color on this one. Nice to see that the pouch on the second one developed normally, without the slight bump on the lower extremity of the first one. Looks like a keeper!

Looks very similar the flowers right?

Yes, I agree. But as nice as he is to deal with, mr. Popow, sr., his labels/info, isn't quite as informative as f.ex. Sam's. So all I got to know, was that it was from a Taka cross.

Mentioning Popow: I just got a very nice villosum fma. aureum from him 'Golden Yellow'...plant looks very nice, but I can't wait to see it in bloom! Although I now again am able to sleep - and so much better, than ever since I saw your golden beauty flower! :cool:

Latest posts

Back